Cotton vs. Microfiber: Which Is Best for You?
When choosing between our cotton or microfiber bedding, there’s no right or wrong answer. One isn’t better than the other; it’s all about personal preference. But to help you make the best decision, let’s take a closer look at the differences between these two types of bedding.
- Our 100% cotton bedding products are a great choice if you prefer natural fabrics without sacrificing incredible softness and quality.
- Our cotton fabric is handcrafted in the beautiful countryside of Portugal by artisans from a family-owned textile manufacturer.
- It is thoroughly tested and certified OEKO-TEX, which means it is free of any substances and chemicals which are known to be harmful to your health.
- Our luxury triple brushed microfiber is a wonderful option if you want bedding that is high-performing and breathable with a petal-like softness.
- Wrinkle-resistant and durable, microfiber sheets are made to be super easy to care for and long-lasting.
- If you suffer from allergies, microfiber is known to help lessen allergens and dust mites.
- Our 100% extra-finely woven microfiber is tested and certified OEKO-TEX.
Cotton vs. Microfiber Sheets
Choosing the right kind of bed sheets to wrap yourself in is important. You want to be sure that your sheets have the right amount of breathability and weight, and the texture and softness that feels comfy to your skin.
We have several excellent choices of luxury sheet sets made from cotton and microfiber:
- 400 Thread Count Cotton Sateen: Our highest thread count sheet sets are beyond buttery soft and get cozier with each and every wash. These sheets are carefully crafted to create a clean and crisp, perfectly made bed, every single time. Their luminous finish and beautiful drape will give your bed that 5-star hotel look without all the work.
- Relaxed Cotton Percale: Made to embody the crisp, refreshing comfort of a spring breeze, our Relaxed Cotton Percale sheet sets offer airy softness and comfort year-round. We think you'll really appreciate their textured and relaxed look too.
- Relaxed Cotton Sateen: Our Relaxed Cotton Sateen sheet sets are made from the finest European quality, 100% long-staple cotton to maximize softness and comfort. Garment washed in small batches to create an irresistible soft touch and lived-in look.
- Lux Collection: Our Lux sheet sets are made from premium, triple-brushed, enzyme washed microfiber. These sheets feel even better than they look, are uniquely soft, offer easy care, and have effortless style.
Cotton vs. Microfiber Comforters
When it comes to comforters, as well as blankets and coverlets, the choice between cotton or microfiber comes down to personal preference.
The pro of choosing a microfiber comforter is its high durability. The fabric is less likely to fade, thin, or shrink after many washes, plus it provides great value and tends to be less expensive. But, sometimes it can be too warm for those who are hot sleepers, so be sure to look for microfiber comforters that are lightweight.
If you’re in need of a new top-of-bed blanket or comforter, take a look at our selection of lightweight and exceptionally soft Lux collection blankets/coverlets: our gorgeous 3-piece quilted Amelia set, our Matisse, and our Diamond.
Cotton vs. Microfiber Pillows
For pillows, there’s no doubt that what you rest your head on is critical to a quality sleep experience.
A cotton covered pillow, like our Revive Memory Fiber Pillow, is the perfect way to enjoy the benefits of breathability, cool airflow, and natural moister-wicking ability. Our pillow is made with a 100% cotton, 300 thread cover, and it has a unique spring-shaped spiral memory fiber fill that provides foam-like comfort with medium support.
For microfiber pillows, we have two down alternative pillow choices: Renew Hybrid and Revitalize Thermo Regulating. Our Renew pillow offers a dual sleep experience for those who like options. One side of the Renew pillow has a cloud cell chambered construction that keeps the soft fill from shifting, ensuring consistent comfort throughout the night. The other side offers a more traditional sleep experience with an ultra-soft and smooth cover.
Our Revitalize pillow is our most luxurious down alternative pillow. Not only is it finished and treated with antimicrobial silver chloride to prevent bacteria and mildew, but the layers of Tencel and heat-responsive, paraffin-filled fibers also change from liquid to solid to aid the body’s natural process of thermoregulation.
Cotton vs. Microfiber Towels
As for towels, there’s really nothing that compares to 100% cotton. Having natural, premium-made cotton towels means you’ll enjoy superior softness, absorption, and quality that will last for many years to come.
Explore our cotton luxury towel collections: Lago and Kensey. They’re available in bath sheets, bath towels, hand towels, and washcloth sizes in a variety of styles and colors.
All our cotton and microfiber products are made with the same love and care and softness that you’ve come to depend on!