Hotel Quality Towels and Other Ways to Enhance Your Houseguests’ Stay
Having friends or family staying at your home can be an amazing chance to reconnect, spend quality time together, and make new memories, but it can also be a little stressful. You want them to feel welcomed and spoiled, and to show that you’ve gone above and beyond for the people you care about. So why not take a page out of the playbook of luxury hoteliers? They’re experts in making guests feel special with indulgences both big and small. So, if you want your houseguests to feel like they’ve arrived at a boutique hotel, read on. The best part is that your guests will have the best of both worlds – a hotel-like experience while also enjoying the comforts of home!
Upgrade to Luxury Hotel Quality Towels
One must-have hotel amenity—and a simple way to upgrade your house guest experience—is premium quality bath towels. Having buttery soft, absorbent, luxury bath towels will make your guests feel pampered after every wash. Choose hotel-quality towels that are exceptionally soft, extra plush and thick, super absorbing, and made from the best cotton fibers. Make sure that bath towels are large enough so guests can really wrap themselves up completely for post-bath pampering. And, of course, you’ll want to make sure your towels are always spotless and smell fresh.
You should provide guests with a range of different towel types and sizes for their needs:
Provide Luxury Toiletries and a Hotel Quality Bathrobe
We all love using the luxury toiletries that boutique hotels provide, like soap, shampoo and conditioner, hand lotion, etc. as well as bathtime extras like oils, foam bath, and candles that can make a hotel bathroom feel like a spa. Lay out a few of these essentials for guests – you can even buy cute travel-sized samples of some of your favorite products.
To further enhance your guests’ experience, provide them with a luxury bathrobe so they’ll feel cozy and dry after a shower or bath. A plush robe is also wonderful to lounge in whenever they need to simply relax.
As seen in 5-star hotels and spas around the world, our Luxury Robes Collection is one of the softest ever designed. With a gorgeous shawl-collar, our unisex robes come in an array of stylish, modern colors and both long or short lengths. Made from the same plush, ultra-soft enzyme-washed Microfiber as our ultra-soft Lux Collection Sheets, with a plush fleece lining, these luxury robes are lightweight, durable, and perfect for year-round use.
Curate Thoughtful Touches for the Guest Room
There are so many special touches that you can add to your guest room to take it from a comfortable space to a home away from home. It’s all about anticipating your houseguests’ needs and ensuring they have everything they could need – or want. Here are a few examples:
- Make sure there is easy access to an electrical outlet in the room and leave a welcome card with the Wifi password so they don’t have to ask for it.
- Place an arrangement of their favorite flowers (or flowers fresh from the garden) on the dresser.
- Create a welcome basket with bottled water, healthy snacks, and trashy treats that your guests can enjoy when they get the late-night munchies. For an extra thoughtful touch, add a little something local to the basket so they can experience a taste of the region.
- Provide a selection of reading materials, including a couple of current magazines and a book or two from your library. A guidebook for your area is another great idea as they can read up on what they’d like to do.
- Include an overnight kit for your guests, in case they have forgotten any of the essentials. This could include, for example, a new toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, sunscreen, aspirin, and so on. A small sewing kit is another useful idea.
Test it out
An ideal houseguest experience should feel clean, warm, and inviting, as well as providing the best in hotel amenities. To test your guest room personally, pack a bag and pretend you’re a guest. You’ll notice right away if anything needs changing or if you forgot to add something. When you walk into the guest room, ask yourself questions like: What’s missing that would be useful? What needs to be changed to make it comfortable? Take note of all the things you notice by using your senses and paying attention to what you see, feel, hear, smell, and touch.
With the right luxury bath towels, bathrobe, and extra comfy touches in place, your houseguest is sure to feel like they’re staying at a 5-star hotel!