It’s healthy to make your bed every day, but it doesn’t need to be perfect. Nor does it need to be a time-consuming chore! In fact, you can style your bed perfectly in just 1 minute. Here’s how to do it in just five easy steps.
- You’ll start with the fitted sheet already on your bed. Take your flat sheet and lay the hemmed side flat against the fitted sheet, right at the top of the bed, smoothing out the rest of the sheet.
- The next step is optional, depending on if you choose to have a quilt or blanket. If not, you can remove this layer altogether. If you do have one, bring it up to the top of the bed so it’s almost even with the flat sheet. Allow a small amount of space between the two.
- Fold down your quilt or blanket. Then fold down the flat sheet over that. It doesn’t even need to be tucked! You’ll also be able to see the hem detail because of the way the sheet was placed.
- Take your duvet cover and flip it on top of your bed. You can fold it down in thirds the way they do in a hotel, which always looks great. Or you could just scrunch it down at the foot of the bed, for a more lived-in look.
- Now it’s time for the pillows. When making your bed quickly, just use the pillows you actually sleep on. This is a more practical solution and also allows you to show off your beautiful pillowcases! Place them up at the head of the bed. If you do want something a little more decorative, add two quilted shams.
Voila! Your bed is made and it only takes a minute! This is so much nicer to come home to than an unmade bed and sets the tone for your whole day.
Want to see as Jennifer demonstrates this quick and easy way to style your bed with a duvet cover? Check out the video below. And for more tips and techniques, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel!